[vtkusers] Image not being displayed in window

Gary Eerkes eerkes at mailhost.cs.wwu.edu
Tue Apr 9 16:44:57 EDT 2002

I have a vtk application that runs on a number of different Win boxes
running a variety of OS (ME, NT, Win2000, etc.).  The application runs fine
on most all systems but on two systems that have Intel graphics cards
(Intel® 815/815E chipset) on occasion the image comes up black or garbled.
On another system that has a different graphics card the program will not
display any image at all (all white).

The application displays a colorscale inside the image window but does not
use vtk to display this colorscale (draws directly on the window).  The
colorscale always gets displayed correctly even if the image doesn't.

I am currently using a copy of vtk dated 10-02-2001.  An earlier version of
my application that was based on vtk dated 08-08-2000 displayed correctly on
the machine that is now unable to display any images at all.

My guess is that the incorrect Opengl frame buffer is getting mapped to the
window in the above instances and that this might be a graphics card/driver
issue.  Have any of you encountered similar problems?