[vtkusers] tlcTK problems

Giancarlo Amati amati at ira.cnr.it
Tue Apr 9 05:43:30 EDT 2002

Hi everybody, I know that this is a Vtk mailing list, but I will disturb
you for a tcl problem that concerning execution of tcl procedure; I have
the following code:

proc crea {} {
global a
set a 4
}

proc scrivi {} {
puts stdout $a
}

wm withdraw .

crea
scrivi

the tcl interpreter give me the followind error:

Error in startup script: can't read "a": no such variable
    while executing
"puts stdout $a"
    (procedure "scrivi" line 2)
    invoked from within
"scrivi"
    (file "scrivi.tcl" line 13)

it seems that tcl interpreter executes scrivi procedure before crea
procedure. Why? isn't tcl a sequential iterpreter?
Any idea how to executer crea procedure before the second one?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Giancarlo

dott. Giancarlo Amati                  |
(amati at ira.cnr.it)                     |

National Research Council              |
RadioAstronomical Institute            |
office phone n. +39 051 6399405        |
via Gobetti 101 - Bologna (Italy)      |