[vtkusers] MATLAB VTK and JAVA set-up?

Florin Popescu popescu at tecno.ior.it
Tue Apr 9 05:00:44 EDT 2002

Hi wise users,
I am trying to set up .vtk 4.0 support in Matlab Release 12.1 (6.2).
Craig Johnson had set up .vtk 3.x with Matlab 12.0
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2001-February/005624.html but
things have changed since.
For one thing I have Win2000 Pro. and I installed the pre-compiled binary
with java wrapper 4.0.
Problem so far:
Too long to explain all the various games I played with classpath.txt but
the best I can do is to see vtk classes
and import all vtk dlls except
java.lang.System.load('C:/Programsi/vtk40/bin/vtkHybridJava.dll')
java.lang.System.load('C:/Programs/vtk40/bin/vtkRenderingJava.dll')
which throw java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
creating vtk java objects currently will create segmentation errors. I
placed a copy of all vtk*.dlls in winnt/system, added a classpath variable
in system etc.
Do I have to recompile vtk with 'contrib' turned on? Why?

Thanks,
Florin Popescu,
Bologna, Italy.