[vtkusers] SetScalars of SG from Field

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Apr 9 04:55:51 EDT 2002

    RH> I'm trying to update scalars in a struct grid from a FIELD
    RH> file, but the results don't get re-rendered properly.  What am
    RH> I missing?

Your code gives me the same results.  After trying many things I got
around the problem by doing the following:

sg1 = vtkStructuredGrid()
sg1.DeepCopy(sg)
sg1.GetPointData().SetScalars(so)

mapper.SetInput(sg1)

I then tried this:

m = vtkDataSetMapper()
m.SetInput(sg)
actor.SetMapper(m)

Both approaches work fine.  This looks like a bug somewhere in
vtkDataSetMapper?  I believe there is also a similar problem with the
pnmwriter.  Even tho the rendered image shows up correctly it does not
dump the new image.

FYI, I'm using 'vtk version 4.1.1, vtk source $Revision: 1.1200 $,
$Date: 2002/04/07 03:45:13 $ (GMT)'

prabhu