[vtkusers] Trouble with Compiling Java Extensions

jon n elwo73 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:53:04 EDT 2002

Hi, I'm attempting to compile the Java stuff and having a little trouble.
First, it couldn't find jni.h because our Java is installed in a weird
location, so I added the write paths to the list of paths in Find-JNI in
CMake. So that worked, but now when the make begins creating the actual
.java files its failing without really giving a reason. Is there another
thing which needs to be set somewhere about Java compiling?

/home/datatmp/VTK_CVS/VTK/bin/./vtkParseJava
/home/datatmp/VTK_CVS/VTK/Common/vt
kAbstractMapper.h /home/datatmp/VTK_CVS/VTK/Wrapping/hints 0
/home/datatmp/VTK_C
VS/VTK/java/vtk/vtkAbstractMapper.java
   Parsed func PrintSelf
   Parsed func GetMTime
   Parsed func ReleaseGraphicsResources
   Parsed func AddClippingPlane
   Parsed func RemoveClippingPlane
   Parsed func RemoveAllClippingPlanes
   Parsed func SetClippingPlanes
   Parsed func ShallowCopy
   Parsed func GetScalars
   Parsed func AddConsumer
   Parsed func RemoveConsumer
   Parsed func GetConsumer
   Parsed func IsConsumer
   Parsed func vtkAbstractMapper
   Parsed func vtkAbstractMapper
   Parsed func vtkAbstractMapper
   Converted operator
Error opening output file 0
make[3]: *** [/home/datatmp/VTK_CVS/VTK/java/vtk/vtkAbstractMapper.java]
Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Common] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2