[vtkusers] speed up

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Apr 6 22:07:33 EST 2002

    BT> I am working on an application written in python.  The
    BT> rendering of large files is very slow.  I am using a stripper
    BT> and have tryed all of the other methods to speed it
[snip]
    BT> aren't as easy to see.  I would like to have it just render a
    BT> rough skeleton so it clear what the orientation and color will
    BT> be once the user has stopped moving the slider.  Thanks.

You might want to try using a vtkLODActor instead of a vtkActor.  Read
the source/docs for more information.  If you are using the
vtkTkRenderWidget or wxVTKRenderWindow or one of the other widgets
please check out a recent CVS/nightly.  Support for changing the
desired update rate and still update rate was added to the widgets
(the vtkLODActor has details on what that means).

prabhu