[vtkusers] VTK-TCL/Tk users

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Mon Apr 1 09:25:59 EST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Marcio Antonio Mathias (EDB) wrote:

> I replaced the
> "catch {load vtktcl}"
> by
> package require vtk
> package require vtkinteraction
> and now I can run some tcl files, but in a diferent way when I was using VTK3.2.
> If I double click any VTK-Tcl file I get the error:
> "can´t find package vtk while executing "package require vtk"...
> I suspect something wrong with enviroment variables. I checked autoexec.bat and it seems fine.
> The only way to run vtk-tcl files is openning a vtk-shell and typing the command "source" before the vtk-tcl file name. Is it the expected behavior? If not, what might be wrong with my installation? (I would like to get it running in WinMe and Win98)

I think you have to set the environment variable
TCLLIBPATH to something like (dependent on
installation of VTK): c:/vtk/wrapping/tcl

Add the following line to your autoexec.bat

SET TCLLIBPATH=C:/VTK/Wrapping/tcl

Be careful to use forward slashes (/) and not backslash (\).

After reboot start wish and write

puts $auto_path

which shall include the above mentioned path.

Regards
Rasmus