[vtkusers] picking individual spheres in 3D glyph

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Sat Sep 29 08:14:07 EDT 2001

Hi Jiaye

I use spheres to represent multiple seismic events with one actor. I get around picking by using a programmable glyph filter and building a lookup-table based on cell-ids on each iteration of the GlyphMethod. When you do a pick on the actor you can then get the id of your input point from the id of the picked cell.

I hope this helps
Malcolm