[vtkusers] Still no luck with sphere program

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Sep 27 14:00:13 EDT 2001

hi,

    RM> Hi I posted about the same problem a couple of days ago
    RM> without any replies. I hope I'm not irritating anyone. I just
    RM> think that the problem is basic enough that an experienced
    RM> user should be able to help without much thought. My makefile
    RM> and the steps I used to build VTK are described in the

Umm.  Atleast a link to the previous post would be useful.  Not
everyone stores every message they get! :)

Anyway the message is here:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2001-September/007738.html

    RM> My problem is that when linking, I get several undefine
    RM> references:

    RM> sphere.o(.text+0x3617):sphere.cpp: undefined reference to
    RM> `import stub for vtkRenderWindow::New(void)'
    RM> sphere.o(.text+0x3629):sphere.cpp: undefined reference to
    RM> `import stub for vtkRenderer::New(void)' etc.

This looks like you did something funny by using --with-opengl.  I
suspect that none of the vtkRenderWindow's (and friends) subclasses
have been compiled in your build. i.e. vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx
and others have not been compiled into your class.  Look at the
system.make file and see what the GRAPHICS_API_OBJ is set to.  In your
case I think it should point to WIN32_OBJ. If it doesnt make it point
to that and see if it improves anything.

Of course, I don't use windows/cygwin but this is my guess.  So,
caveat emptor! :)

prabhu