[vtkusers] Sampling vector fields

Keri Ruth Moyle kmoy001 at ec.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Sep 16 19:04:34 EDT 2001

Hi

I have what I think is a simple problem.  I have a large data set
generated from an unstructured (tetrahedra based) grid ( I have all the
details of the connections etc, and can get it into the format for
vtkUnstructuredGridReader).  I need to extract the vector field on a
plane, so that the values are interpolated onto this plane.  I have used
the vtkProbeFilter with the scalars, and tried (unsuccessfully) to use
it on the vector field too.  Also, I tried to separately sample the
vector components, then reassemble them into a vector - but I don't
know, and can't seem to find any way to do this.  If anyone has any
suggestions they will be VERY gratefully received!
Thanks
Keri