[vtkusers] Combining datasets

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Wed Sep 12 15:23:26 EDT 2001

Apologies if you see this twice.  I posted once and never saw my message come
through...

I have four independent datasets, each of which create a line.  However, the
lines are made of a number of points, say 2000 or more.

I would like to connect point 1 from line 1 to point 1 of line 2 to point 1 of
line 3 to point 1 of line 4, point 2 of line 1 to point 2 of line 2, etc.. all
the way down the line creating a number of tetrahedron.

The only way I can think of doing this is to do an AppendPolyData on each of my
four datasets to make one big data set and redoing the connectivity.  Is there
an easier way?

Instead of plotting all the points, I use a vtkMaskPoints filter to reduce the
number of points and I really want to connect these masked points.  I suppose I
could take the output of vtkMaskPoints and do an AppendPolyData, but maybe there
is an easier way.

Thanks for any ideas!

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+     joey at swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+                                     E-Bay...                             +