[vtkusers] Combining datasets (sort of)

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Wed Sep 12 11:54:18 EDT 2001

I have four independent datasets, each of which make up a line.  Say its a line
with around 2600 points.

I wish to connect point 1 of line 1 to point 1 of line 2 to point 1 of line 3 to
point 1 of line 4, and do this for each of the points in the line.  Basically,
I'll be making a lot of tetrahedrons.

Is there an easy way to do this?  The only thing I could think of was to use
AppendPolyData to make one big dataset and redo the connectivity.

Also, I am only plotting a few of the points by using vtkMaskPoints.  Ideally, I
would like those masked points to be the ones connected.  I suppose I could take
the output of the masks and put them into a AppendPolyData instead of using my
original data set, but still, maybe there is an easier way.

Thanks for any ideas...

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+     joey at swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+                                     E-Bay...                             +