[vtkusers] Combining volumes and transparent

Jiro Inoue inoue at cs.queensu.ca
Mon Sep 10 11:28:29 EDT 2001

Hi,
I have multiple vtkActors and vtkVolumes set as inputs to a single
vtkRenderer. I'm using volumepro 500 hardware with the vtkVolumeProMapper
for my volumes and vtkPolyDataMapper for the actors. My problem is that my
actors have transparency (opacity of 0.2), which works fine until I
introduce a volume into the scene. As soon as the volume is placed in the
scene, all of my actors become fully opaque - the volume on the other hand
maintains the correct opacity characteristics.
Has anybody else seen this? Any insights?

Thanks,
Jiro