[vtkusers] Windows offscreen image rendering

Ermin Hasičević Ermin.Hasicevic at iskon.hr
Sun Sep 9 07:53:02 EDT 2001

	-----Original Message-----
	From: John Biddiscombe
	Sent: sub 08.09.01 19:04
	To: Ermin Hasičević; vtkusers at public.kitware.com
	Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Windows offscreen image rendering

	     renWin->SetupMemoryRendering(width, height,
	(HDC)renWin->GetGenericContext());
	     renWin->Render();
	// do stuff with bitmap
	     renWin->ResumeScreenRendering();

	> have used this successfully, but note that it stopped working
some time
	>(I don't know when - I didn't use it for months) and when I
tried it last
	>week it gave an image of width & height of zero (ie nothing). I
checked in
	>a fix a few days ago and my offscreen rendering is working fine
again.
	>maybe you should try a nightly release from today or similar
and give it a go.

	>If you're using an older vtk, you should probably just get
	>vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow from cvs

	>(Note that the above assumes you already have a compatible
device context
	>on screen, if you are doing vtk without a window you might need
something
	>else...)

	>JB

	I don't know if I misunderstood concept of offscreen rendering,
but I thought

	that it's such kind of rendering where no image window pops out
when I start

	image rendering. Is there any way to tell vtkWin32OpenGLImage
window to

	not show when I call render method for first time or there's no
hope to get away

	from that?

	Ermin