[vtkusers] Text actor picking up texture colors

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Tue Sep 4 12:18:32 EDT 2001

Hi all

If I run the following script, the text actor (set to white) picks up color from the texture. I've tried this on a GeForce2 and an ATI Rage-Pro with the same results. Has any one else observed this behaviour? I'm prototyping a dynamic environment, in which the user can arbitrarily add pipelines, so I can't control the order of actor creation. I'm using 3.1 - if this vanishes on later versions I guess it's time to upgrade :)

Thanks for any assistance
Malcolm

catch {load vtktcl}
if { [catch {set VTK_TCL $env(VTK_TCL)}] != 0} { set VTK_TCL "../../examplesTcl" }
if { [catch {set VTK_DATA $env(VTK_DATA)}] != 0} { set VTK_DATA "../../../vtkdata" }

# get the interactor ui
#source $VTK_TCL/vtkInt.tcl

# Create the RenderWindow, Renderer and both Actors
vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin

vtkTextMapper mapText
 mapText SetFontFamilyToArial
 mapText SetFontSize 11
 mapText BoldOn
 mapText ShadowOff
vtkActor2D actText
 actText SetMapper mapText
ren1 AddActor2D actText

mapText SetInput "This should be white"
mapText SetJustificationToCentered
actText SetPosition 250 50
eval [actText GetProperty] SetColor 1 1 1

# create a plane source and actor
vtkPlaneSource plane
vtkPolyDataMapper  planeMapper
planeMapper SetInput [plane GetOutput]
vtkActor planeActor
planeActor SetMapper planeMapper

# load in the texture map
#
vtkTexture atext
vtkPNMReader pnmReader
pnmReader SetFileName "$VTK_DATA/masonry.ppm"
atext SetInput [pnmReader GetOutput]
atext InterpolateOn
planeActor SetTexture atext

# Add the actors to the renderer, set the background and size
ren1 AddActor planeActor
ren1 SetBackground 0.1 0.2 0.4
renWin SetSize 500 500

# render the image
iren SetUserMethod {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}
renWin Render

set cam1 [ren1 GetActiveCamera]
$cam1 Elevation -30
$cam1 Roll -20
ren1 ResetCameraClippingRange
renWin Render

#renWin SetFileName "TPlane.tcl.ppm"
#renWin SaveImageAsPPM

# prevent the tk window from showing up then start the event loop
wm withdraw .