[vtkusers] aspect, centering in window

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 31 12:19:24 EST 2001

I'm using the vtkOpenGLOffscreenRenderWindow and have a strange problem.  When
I exceed a certain size (aspect ratio?) for the window, the rendered contents
get scaled along a coord axis and appear off-center in the window.

E.g., (rendering a simple vtkAxes), for a 2000(width)x1000(height) window, the
axes appears as one would expect -- centered in the window and at a 1:1 aspect
ratio.  For a 3000x1000 window, the axes is shortened along the x-axis and
appears to the left of center of the window.

Nothing too special in my pipeline:
ren.ResetCamera()
cam.Zoom(zoom)
ren.ResetCameraClippingRange()
renWin.Render()

# save contents as pnm or tiff

I'm open to any/all suggestions as this is driving me nuts.

Oh yeah, am using a nightly source from August.

--Randy