[vtkusers] Re: VolumePro example - it doesn't work

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Oct 29 01:13:50 EST 2001

Hello Fabian,

If you have VTK built with tcl, try this simple test:

vtkVolumeProMapper m
m Print

What type does m think it is? (printed at the beginning) If it is a
vtkVolumeProMapper, then something is wrong with your build. If it is a
vtkOpenGLVolumeProVG500Mapper, then things built OK. Then ask

m GetNumberOfBoard

This should return a 1 (at least). If not, then it is not correctly
detecting the board. Determining which of those two problems (build or board
detection) is you issue will help me to suggest a next step.

Lisa