[vtkusers] Call for dashboard volunteers

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Oct 18 09:43:44 EDT 2001

Hi all,

With VTK 4.0, CMake and Dart, it is now possible for the VTK user community
to contribute to the nightly
testing of VTK.   Currently we are testing VTK on the following platforms:

Linux Intel gcc
WinNT VC60
HPUX 10.20 aCC
Cygwin gcc
IRIX 6.5 CC -o 32
IRIX64 6.5 CC -64
IRIX64 6.5 CC -n32
SunOS5.6 CC
SunOS5.7 CC

If your favorite platform, or a platform you are forced to work with is not
on that list it is likely that VTK will
not be stable on that platform.   Depending on the speed of the machine you
have, it should require one or
two hours of compute time each night.  The machine will have to be able to
ftp to public.kitware.com to submit
the dashboard data.

If you are interested, send me an email, and I will help you set up the
nightly job.

Thanks.

Here is the link to the current dashboard:
http://public.kitware.com/vtkhtml/Testing/HTML/TestingResults/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

-Bill Hoffman