[vtkusers] higher fidelity earth?

Ross Manges mangesr at cctcorp.com
Tue Oct 16 11:02:13 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm looking to create an earth with a higher fidelity map than the one
provided with vtkEarthSource.  I'm also looking to draw state boundaries
on the US as well as possibly air traffic boundaries.  How about
correcting for the slight oblong shape of the earth since the earth
isn't a perfect sphere?  Anybody have any ideas where I can start?  I
tried following the ftp link on the documentation and/or looking up the
contributors of vtkEarthSource, but so far no luck.

Thanks for your ideas!

--Ross