[vtkusers] Contour lines on Isosurface

Alex Benn alex.benn at incenta.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 07:49:13 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm a new user to VTK.

As a first project, I've written a program which reads a pair of 3D
datasets, constructing an isosurface from one set, and maps onto it
colour values from the second set. This all looks great.

I would like to add contour lines to the isosurface, for various values
within the second data set, but am not quite sure how to go about
it...All the examples I have seen generate surfaces for 3D data and only
refer to contour lines for 2D data.

I thought of perhaps using colour lookup tables, but this seemed a
little inelegant.

Could anyone point me in the right direction...

Many thanks,

Alex.