[vtkusers] vtkQuadricDecimation

Jingyi Jin jinjingyi at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 21:50:33 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've been looking at the vtkQuadricDecimation class,
and I think the else clause in the line 258 (I'm using
vtk3.2) should be

else
{
cost = this->ComputeCost(changedEdges->GetId(i), x,
targetPointData);
this->EdgeCosts->Insert(cost, changedEdges->GetId(i));
targetPoints->InsertPoint(changedEdges->GetId(i), x);
}

instead of

else
{
cost = this->ComputeCost(edgeId, x, targetPointData);
this->EdgeCosts->Insert(cost, edgeId);
targetPoints->InsertPoint(edgeId, x);
}

Because it is supposed to calculate the cost of the
changed edge cost, and edgeId is undefined for part of
the code.

I hope this has been already fixed in the newer
versions, if my thought is correct.

Jingyi