[vtkusers] vtkTkImageViewerWidget appears before it is packed

David J. Netherway david.netherway at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Oct 10 20:33:22 EDT 2001

Hello,

In Tk I create a large frame into which I place or pack several
vtkTkImageViewerWidget widgets. As soon as they are defined with, for
example,

vtkTkImageViewerWidget .main.frame.widget -width width -height height
-iv  $imagevViewer

the widget is rendered into the top left hand corner of the frame.

The "place" command is subsequently used to position the widget within
the frame. The problem is that I get a flash of an image in the wrong
place before it is placed or packed.

Work arounds could be to have a frame the same size as the widget so
that it will appear in the correct place, or to unpack the frame before
the widget is defined then pack it after the widget inside is ready.

Is this a bug ?

David