[vtkusers] Re: Installing VTK on Linux

Dave Reed dreed at capital.edu
Wed Oct 10 17:15:37 EDT 2001

> From: "Asad A. Abu-Tarif" <tarifa at rpi.edu>
> Cc: "vtk User List" <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Here are the flags that I set with the ./configure command
> --with-mesa --with-contrib --with-patented
>
> I got no warning or errors when I compiled vtk after that.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Asad
>   ----- Original Message -----=20

Did your user.make file in the vtk main directory point to the correct
libraries? I think the default lines in user.make say something like:

MESA_INCLUDE=-I/home/martink/storage/Mesa-1.2.6/include
MESA_LIB=/home/martink/storage/Mesa-1.2.6/lib-sun4-solaris/libMesaGL.a

which may mess it up (I don't know since I've always changed those
lines).

Dave