[vtkusers] mpi & tcl

Miguel Angel Martin Fernandez vtk at helios.tel.uva.es
Tue Oct 9 13:22:39 EDT 2001

Hi vtkusers!

I just wrote/modified a couple classes that allow interactive volume
rendering in a cluster with MPI:

- vtkRayCaster (modified)
- vtkInteractorStyleMPI (new, inherits from vtkInteractorStyle)

This works OK with C++.

The problem i have just encountered is that the Tcl wrapper does not seem
to parse the functions that receive arguments such as (*argc,
***argv), like MPI_Initialize(int *argc, char ***argv)  This does seem
reasonable to me, but still, is there a way i can go around it?? Would
something like 'mpirun vtk myScript.tcl' make sense?

Thank you very much in advance for any tips, advice,...

						diego hernando