[vtkusers] I can't launch C++ examples with MS Visual Studio

Jerome Coloos jerome.coloos at samcef.com
Mon Oct 8 08:51:00 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm trying to use VTK on Windows NT but I can't launch the C++ examples.
I used Pcmaker and NMAKE to build the libraries from the lastest sources
with no problem.

After that I create a simple "Console Application" project and modify the
lib path and include path. I compile and linked "VisQuad.cxx" without any
error but when I launched it (I put the vtk dll in the system dir), I got
the message "Failed to initialize application".

As I am a newbie with Visual, could someone help me or send me a Visual
Makefile that should work ?

Thanks.

   ___    Jérôme COLOOS
 @/   \@  Tel : 32-4/361.69.69