[vtkusers] interaction off

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Oct 8 08:20:02 EDT 2001

    GG> Hello Prabhu What you suggested worked fairly when I use win32
    GG> main application and I am going to test it with console
    GG> application and see what happens.  I guess since you use
    GG> phython it is not really a problem - lucky you.  However i
    GG> shall post the result in case it is of use to someone

I dont understand why the renderwindow should behave differently under
Python or C++.  Its basically the same thing - all c++ underneath.

Anyway if you dont mind grokking wxWindows based sources  look at the
wxVTK widget

      http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte552m/wxVTKWindow.html

The class derives (atleast used to when i checked it out) from the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor and does the necessary.  Some folks told me
that it would be better to use a vtkRenderWindow when using Python
since it isnt trivial getting it to work when deriving from the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

prabhu