[vtkusers] interaction off

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Oct 8 06:28:29 EDT 2001

hi,

    GG> Hello , How can we turn off interaction (mouse and key events)
    GG> in vtk completely?.

<snip>

    GG> in my canvas/frame in java and do what I want. When vtk is off
    GG> the same canvas/frame is able to catch the events. Therefore I
    GG> want to turn the ability of vtk to react to key and mouse
    GG> press events off.

If you use the vtkRenderWindow and dont use the RenderWIndowInteractor
I dont think any of the events are captured.  This is what the Tk,
GTK, wx widgets under Python do.  They embed a vtkRenderWindow inside
a native widget and then trap the various events in the native gui
toolkit.  So VTK doesnt process the events at all.

OTOH if you want to use something like the interactor and turn it on
and off - I dont know the answer off hand.

prabhu