[vtkusers] interaction off

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Mon Oct 8 05:09:13 EDT 2001

Hello ,

How can we turn off interaction (mouse and key events) in vtk completely?.

Scenario connected to this question : I am using the code i developed in c++
(windows platform)
and use it as a native interface in java (I am not using vtk java ).
Everything works fine (rendering, loading dll etc)
except my canvas/frame in java cannot catch the event of mouse and key when
vtk is on. The interaction goes
to vtk and I want to catch the events in my canvas/frame in java and do what
I want. When vtk is off the same
canvas/frame is able to catch the events. Therefore I want to turn the
ability of vtk to react to key and mouse
press events off.

Hope someone has an idea.....
Gowri