[vtkusers] vtkActor2D::LayerNumber and Overlays

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 13:10:01 EDT 2001

Hank,

>My guess is that vtkActor2D still has a layer number because of sloppiness
>on my part.  I added the layering code to the renderer, which (I believe)
>is more general than the layering code for the 2D actors.  I can only

Hmmmm. To be honest. Now that I've played with it. Having multiple
renderers is a pain in the wotsits because of the higher maintenance and
(specifically) picking. I note from the archive that you have expressed
revervations along this line. For my needs (overlaying graph axes and
labels as well as some other actors and actor2D's) a layernum in Actor2D
would be ideal. It seems that all that is needed to make it do what I want
is to sort the actor2Ds in terms of layernum when AddProp is used (or Add
Actor2D). This would save me dealing with multiple renderers but work OK (I
hope).

Any views on this?
JB