[vtkusers] SetExecuteMethod(void(* f)(void *), void * arg) ???

Axel Wendt a.wendt at fh-oldenburg.de
Fri Oct 5 08:59:24 EDT 2001

Hello,

I would like to use the vtkProgrammableSource class in a C++ program in the
same manner as in the TCL example:
./contrib/examplesTcl/reconstructSurface.tcl.

Can anyone give me an example in C++ of the usage of SetExecuteMethod?

The function look like:
void SetExecuteMethod(void(* f)(void *), void * arg)

I define a function : void ReadPoints ()
then I use
pointSource->SetExecuteMethod( ReadPoints, ??? )

What is wrong? The compiler don't accept the first parameter.
And the second I don't understand . It doesen't seem to be documented in
the manual or the VTK User's Guide. What is arg and why does the TCL
example use only one parameter? (Generally you can easily move from TCL to
C++ - but not in this case!).

thanks for help
Axel

Axel Wendt
Institute for Applied Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics
Fachhochschule Oldenburg/Ostfriesland/Wilhelmshaven