[vtkusers] Picking in Java

Carlos Martinez Burgos cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Fri Oct 5 03:16:17 EDT 2001

Hi all.

Does somebody use VTK with Java?

I do, but I have problems with picking. The things don't result as
expected. Do you get good results?

When I pick on the vtkPanel pointing to an actor, this sometimes is hit
and sometimes not, depending on the display coordinates where the mouse
is (I supose). Does this happend to you?

Why can I use an vtkRenderInteractor inside vtkPanel?

I need an answer because if I can get good results with picking in Java
I must implement it myself.

Thanks.

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es