[vtkusers] wxWindows & VTK

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Oct 1 17:25:46 EDT 2001

hi,

    RM> Hi all I have just got VTK to compile and run OK on my
    RM> platform (Cygwin with Mingw32).

    RM> As I start developing my app (for an EE Master's thesis), I
    RM> will need to create some kind of GUI. Is wxWindows my best
    RM> best? I would really like to be able to move the app between
    RM> Windows and Linux machines without major source code changes,
    RM> if possible.

wxPython works very well on Windows and Linux with minimal changes.
Havent really used wxWindows but its the same thing.  Here is a useful
link:

  http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte552m/wxVTKWindow.html

The nice thing (according to some) about wxwindows is that it looks
like a native app on Windows and a native app on Linux.

prabhu