[vtkusers] Help Please! Update(); or Modified(); whats the difference?

Terence Lim tlim at mda.ca
Wed Nov 21 19:30:26 EST 2001

Hi vtkusers,

Here is my pipeline: vtkPoints->vtkPolyData->vtkDelaunay2D

If I  add a new point to the vtkPoints object, and I want to update the
corresponding vtkDelaunay2D object, do I use Delaunay2D->Update(); or
Delaunay2D->Modified?

It seems to me that if I call Update(); the inserted point is not actually
part of resulting TIN (does not belong to a cell) whereas if I were to call
Modified(); the point is actually part of the TIN and therefore belongs to a
new cell.

Am I wrong?

I need to know this because when I use the Modified function, my program
ends up using a large amount of ram (>180Mb) but if I use the Update
function the program uses less then 10 Mb.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Terence