[vtkusers] user interface

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Tue Nov 20 10:29:22 EST 2001

Gowri,

There is a vtk GUI discussion on http://www.stlcc.org/vtk_Top.htm but its old I think....

Here's some info on vtk and Qt   http://www.medinf.mu-luebeck.de/~ehrhardt/vtkQGL/vtkQGL.html

and fltk

FLTK [http://www.fltk.org/], it is free, small, easy to
use and very effective, and there is a good link with vtk
[http://cpbotha.net/vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.html].

I'm still using tcl/tk

...john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: "Gopalakrishnan, Gowri" <Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com>
@public.kitware.com on 11/20/2001 09:05 AM CST

                             "Gopalakrishnan, Gowri"           To:   "'vtkusers at public.kitware.com'"
 <Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com>@public.kitware.com        <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
                                                               Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                                       Subject:      [vtkusers] user interface
         Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                                 11/20/2001 10:05 AM

Dear All

I would like some opinion on the user interface that i can work with vtk. I
am using vtk on windows
using c++. From my searches so far , i have narrowed down the choices to

GLUI
FOX
FLTK

If any one has any experience in any of this, i would be happy to hear about
these or anyother UI .....
As of now I have no experience, therefore before I make a choice i thought
to ask in the vtk forum...

Thanks in advance
Regards
Gowri