[vtkusers] vtkRenderer in wxPython

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Nov 19 20:56:52 EST 2001

    JH>          self._InteractorStyle = vtkInteractorStyleUser()
    JH> self._Interactor = vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
    JH> self._Interactor.SetRenderWindow(self._RenderWindow)
    JH> self._Interactor.SetInteractorStyle(self._InteractorStyle)

As far as I can tell, by doing this you are asking for trouble.
vtkRenderWindowInteractor() will trap events and wxPython also will do
the same so this is a good recipe for disaster.  To avoid this you
will have to program your own event handling code *in wxPython* using
a vtkRenderWindow.  Basically the same way that I wrote/copied ;) the
code to deal with the standard interaction in vtk.py you have to write
your own interaction code if you want to do it differently.  It should
not be very hard to do since the code was written keeping in mind that
someone might want different behaviour.

prabhu