[vtkusers] 3D texture mapping & volume rendering & GeForce3

Jorrit Schaap j.a.schaap at lumc.nl
Mon Nov 19 07:39:13 EST 2001

Hi Lisa & all vtkusers,

my boss was so kind to supply me with a GeForce3, so now I'm very curious to investigate the 3D texturemapping capabilities. ;-)
Do you happen to know if somebody is already working on a vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D ?
If not, does Kitware or you have any plans to develloped this class?
Or do you have any ideas on how difficult it might be to take vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D as an example, and then to modify it into vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D myself?

best regards,

Jorrit Schaap, M.Sc.
Leiden University Medical Centre
the Netherlands