[vtkusers] events freeze X using vtk with wxPython

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Nov 17 22:50:20 EST 2001

    JH> Ok dammit, more info still.  The bug is apparently in the CVS
    JH> wxPython (or wxWindows).

    JH> vtk3.2 and VTK 4.0 work fine for me under
    JH> wxGTK-2.3.1/wxPython-2.3.1

    JH> Under the CVS wxWindows/wxPython, I get the freeze problem
    JH> described above (multiple platforms) when using wxPython with
    JH> vtk.  I think it is isolated to wxPython or wxWindows since
    JH> all of the other vtk demo code works for me.  I have not
    JH> tested under the CVS wxWindows, only under the CVS wxPython.
    JH> I may do the CVS wxWindows case tomorrow.

Hmmm.  Atleast we now know something.  Anyway while your at it note
that when running your cone example using the wxPython.lib.vtk just
try to minimize the window and then bring it up again.  The cone
disappears right?  AFAIK, this won't happen with my wx_vtk.py - try
it.  Maybe you can tell Robin that as well. :)

prabhu