[vtkusers] events freeze X using vtk with wxPython

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Nov 17 18:20:42 EST 2001

    John> In the mean time, I am going to try and go back down
    John> to vtk3.2 and do some testing with that.

Ok dammit, more info still.  The bug is apparently in the CVS
wxPython (or wxWindows).

vtk3.2 and VTK 4.0 work fine for me under wxGTK-2.3.1/wxPython-2.3.1

Under the CVS wxWindows/wxPython, I get the freeze problem described
above (multiple platforms) when using wxPython with vtk.  I think it
is isolated to wxPython or wxWindows since all of the other vtk demo
code works for me.  I have not tested under the CVS wxWindows, only
under the CVS wxPython.  I may do the CVS wxWindows case tomorrow.

Now I'll go torture the folks on the wxPython list for a while.

Thanks,
John Hunter