[vtkusers] VTK 4.0 Local?

Berk Geveci berkgeveci at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 17 10:21:31 EST 2001

Create a LocalUserOptions.cmake in the root VTK directory. On my build this
looks like:

# The local directory
SUBDIRS(Work)
# The local directory depends on all others
SUBDIR_DEPENDS(Work Rendering Parallel Hybrid Patented)

Put all the local files in this directory then create a CMakeLists.txt  to
add your libraries/executables. On mine, the CMakeLists.txt in the Work
directory looks like this:

# Create a local library
SOURCE_FILES ( Work_SRCS
vtkSulzerReader
vtkSulzerStreamer
)
ADD_LIBRARY(vtkWork Work_SRCS)

# Wrap the local library, if building shared, this library has to be
# linked against other VTK libraries
IF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)
  VTK_WRAP_TCL(vtkWorkTCL WorkTCL_SRCS Work_SRCS)
  ADD_LIBRARY(vtkWorkTCL WorkTCL_SRCS)
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (vtkWorkTCL
                         vtkHybridTCL
                         vtkParallelTCL
                         vtkRenderingTCL
                         vtkIOTCL
                         vtkGraphicsTCL
                         vtkImagingTCL
                         vtkFilteringTCL
                         vtkCommonTCL
                         ${TCL_LIBRARY})
ENDIF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)

IF (VTK_WRAP_PYTHON)
  VTK_WRAP_PYTHON(vtkWorkPython WorkPython_SRCS Work_SRCS)
  ADD_LIBRARY(vtkWorkPython SHARED WorkPython_SRCS)
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (vtkWorkPython
                         vtkHybridPython
                         vtkParallelPython
                         vtkRenderingPython
                         vtkIOPython
                         vtkGraphicsPython
                         vtkImagingPython
                         vtkFilteringPython
                         vtkCommonPython)
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (vtkWorkPython
                         debug ${PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY}
                         optimized ${PYTHON_LIBRARY})
ENDIF (VTK_WRAP_PYTHON)

# Link everything in this CMakeLists.txt against these libraries
LINK_LIBRARIES (
vtkCommon
vtkHybrid
vtkParallel
vtkFiltering
vtkImaging
vtkGraphics
vtkIO
vtkRendering
vtkPatented
vtkWork
)

# Create some test executables
ADD_EXECUTABLE(MultiMapView MultiMapView)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(StreamTest StreamTest)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(TestMarching TestMarching)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(TestBug TestBug)

This is more work than before but you'll find that it is a lot more
flexible.

-Berk