[vtkusers] Problem tryinng out my VTK 4 build

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Thu Nov 15 18:26:54 EST 2001

At 11/15/2001 09:35 AM, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
>At 11/15/2001 03:29 PM, Fabian Härle wrote:
>>
>>I just managed to build vtk 4.0 with tcl support. Now I wanted to try it
>>out using the SimpleTextureMap2D.tcl example. Why am I getting the
>>following error message?
>>
>> >vtk SimpleTextureMap2D.tcl
>>
>>Error in startup script: can't find package vtk
>>while executing
>>"package require vtk"
>>(file "SimpleTextureMap2D.tcl" line 4)
>
>Tcl can not find the VTK package
>Please have a look at the README file in the Wrapping/Tcl directory. You
>should be fine.
>Or :
>http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/README

Just to let you know that I have submitted changes to the CVS:

Provided that you run the 'vtk' Tcl shell (vtk.exe) :

   a) the $auto_lib var will be automagically modified to include either
the ${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/Wrapping/Tcl or the
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/vtk/tcl directory (in that order, provided that
they exist and are readable by the user)

    b) even though, if a 'package require vtk' command fails, it will
display an information message regarding the TCLLIBPATH and everything I
explained above.