[vtkusers] problem to define RGB

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Wed Nov 14 12:08:11 EST 2001

Hi
I'm not sure how it works under 4.x but under 3.x you can create vtkScalars
as an array of unsigned char with 4 components. eg ...

vtkScalars seismic
seismic SetDataTypeToUnsignedChar
seismic SetNumberOfComponents 4
seismic SetNumberOfScalars $n

The mapper will pass this straight through - each scalar is seen as RGBA.
Hope this helps.

Malcolm