[vtkusers] Is VTK suitable for mathematical function graphing ?

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Wed Nov 14 03:46:13 EST 2001

Yes I agree with Prabhu that VTK can do 3d, 2d plotting. But you have to
remeber that it is not a plotting tool and graphical tool, so if you are
interested in serious plotting (even like xmgr) then it is not
necessary to use VTK. The other tools are much more easy to use and
easy to learn for that purpose. But if
you are interested in simple plots then VTK can do it well and the 3d
plotting is very nice with VTK. I am using VTK now to do 2d and 3d plotting.
But since i am more interested in 3d representation I like to use
VTK, but if i were more interested in plotting (graphs etc) i would go for
xgr, gnuplot like tools.

Regards
Gowri