[vtkusers] BMP to PPM

Fei Xiong xiongfei77 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 22:20:57 EST 2001

Dear Vtkusers

    I got the earth.tcl file from kitware's website,
but the texture quality seems not feasible. So I want
to use another map file (in bmp) format to replace it.
However, the problem is how to convert bmp file to ppm
and make it exactly fit to the earch's geometry. I
have loaded it to a render window and used
SaveImageAsPPM method to save. Unfortunately, the
result file can not be correctly mapped to the earth
source. Does anyone have a similar experience before?
Thanks very much for your advice.

Best regards
Xiong Fei