[vtkusers] Re: Missing defines/routines

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue Nov 6 10:44:48 EST 2001

Hello Wes,

There is no longer a need for the mapper type so you can take that method
out (eliminating your need for VTK_FRAMEBUFFER_VOLUME_MAPPER). Actually,
all vtkVolumeMapper subclasses are required to be
VTK_FRAMEBUFFER_VOLUME_MAPPERs - that is, they must draw their results into
the frame buffer during their Render() call.

As for the InitializeTextureMapping method - I removed it because it was
not being used by any (public) vtk class, and it looked a bit out-of-date.
I would recommend checking out an older (the VTK 3.2 tagged version
probably) copy of vtkVolume.cxx, and copying the InitializeTextureMapping
method from there into your class.

Lisa