[vtkusers] interpolation

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Mon Nov 5 08:21:23 EST 2001

hi

does any one know how to do interpolation between 2 (x,y,z) points.
I have points from lets say (0,0,0) (100,100,100) at an interval of 5 and
i would like to generate the inbetween points.

I tried to look at spline along the three axis. But I did not know what to
put in the
Evaluate(float t) function. I tried to put some arbitrary numbers and I
noticed that the extra
points that were generated were copies of my original data as many times as
I put in. For example
if  put Evaluate(0.5). My orginal data gets copied twice.
Could some one explain how this works?

Basically i have 50 points which gives me the profile of my data and I want
to have 100-150 points between
the end points.

Regards
Gowri