[vtkusers] (no subject)

Marcelo Dreux dreux at mec.puc-rio.br
Thu Nov 1 08:21:55 EST 2001

Dear VTK users,

I am a brand new vtk (potential) user but I am having trouble with vtk
installation for windows.

I am following the homepage instructions, shown below, but when I try to
run nmake I get the following message:

  3. When pcmaker completes, start up a MS-DOS shell window
        and change directories to vtkbin\vtkdll. Then run
        "nmake" (Microsoft compiler). This will compile for
        a LONG time. When it's done, you'll have a vtkdll.dll
        file in vtkbin\vtkdll\obj. You can then move this
        file into the appropriate system directory
        (on Win95: Windows\System; on NT: WinNT\system).

ERROR MESSAGE

         cl.exe /nologo /D "STRICT" /MD /W3 /Ob1 /Oi /Ot /Oy /Gs /I
"D:\Visual\vc\include" /I "d:\vtkbin" /I "E:\VTK\vtk-src-windows\common"
/I "E:\VTK\vtk-src-windows\graphics" /I "E:\VTK\vtk-src-windows\imaging"
/D "NDEBUG" /D "WIN32"  /I "E:\VTK\vtk-src-windows\contrib"  /D "_WINDOWS"
/D "_WINDLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "VTKDLL" /Foobj\ /c src\vtkPCForceCommon.cxx
vtkPCForceCommon.cxx
Command line error D2027 : cannot execute 'c1xx'

Sorry to disturb you with such a ridiculus problem, but any hint is most
welcome.

Marcelo Dreux
Mechanical Engineering Departament
PUC-Rio