[vtkusers] Memory usage and ReleaseDataFlag

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Thu May 31 14:03:22 EDT 2001

>The ReleaseDataFlag is for the input, not the output of a filter. If you
>have a filter A that

Quite right. But when you call
Filter->SetReleaseData(1), it loops over its outputs and sets the flag to 1.
When it finishes updating, it loops over its inputs and calls ReleaseData

Its easy to get confused when firing off an email :)

>You should have no problem having the ReleaseDataFlag on for a filter
>supplying data to a vtkTexture.

I have checked my stuff and the image was being used by a texture as
expected, but I forgot that I was inputting the image to my texture
coordinate generator and it was releasing the image. Apologies for false alarm.

Thanks

JB