[vtkusers] Multiple Viewports Bug

David E. Jones jonesde at rainbow.es.dupont.com
Wed May 30 17:47:03 EDT 2001

We use an application with muliple viewports that I wrote.  This program
won't
work on an HP Windows 2000 system but it has run on every other system.

In addition, the splines.tcl example which is in graphics/examplesTcl
doesn't work.
The only curve that is drawn when we run splines.tcl is the one in the
lower right
viewport.

Also, I've included a very simple program which I wrote which doesn't
work.
It's called rects.tcl and it's supposed to draw a red viewport on the
left and
a blue viewport on the right.  Instead it draws nothing on the left
(i.e. a black
background) and a red viewport on the right.

We are using vtk 3.2:

     vtk version 3.2.0, vtk source $Revision: 1.717 $,
     $Date: 2000/12/13 16:56:19 $ (GMT)3.2:

The computer is an HP PC (Vectra) Intel Pentium 4 CPU 130,544 KB RAM
with Microsoft Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 1. The graphics
on PCI bus 1 is by Matrox Millennium G450 Dual Head - English with
the driver g400m.sys.

Have anyone else had a similar problem ?   Is there someone with a
computer like
the one described above who could try running  splines.tcl and/or
rects.tcl

Thanks in advance,
Dave

David Jones
DuPont Central Research
Wilmington, DE
--------------  rects.tcl ----------------------------
catch {load vtktcl}

vtkRenderer ren3
vtkRenderer ren4

vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren3
    renWin AddRenderer ren4

vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin

renWin SetSize 700 700

ren3 SetBackground 1 0 0
ren4 SetBackground 0 0 1

ren3 SetViewport 0 0 .5 1
ren4 SetViewport .5 0 1 1

iren SetUserMethod {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}
iren Initialize

wm withdraw .