[vtkusers] vtkXYPlotActor and Linux

Chris Bayley bayley at me.queensu.ca
Wed May 30 15:51:00 EDT 2001

Hello fellow vtkers

I am having problems running the examples files which use vtkXYplotactors in
both  /imaginig/examplesTcl/xyplot.tcl and plot.tcl in the same directory.
The examples work fine under Windows, but under Linux I am getting the
following X_window errors:

  vtk xyPlot.tcl
X Error of failed request:  BadGC (invalid GC parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  56 (X_ChangeGC)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x80ed8a8
  Serial number of failed request:  1251

When I comment out the call to the vtkRenderWindow into which the
vtkXYplotactors are drawing into, then everything works fine.

Are there known problems with vtkXYplotActors? if so how do I fix them?

Thanks

Chris