[vtkusers] Bug in Java wrapping?

Ruediger Tornow (Diplomarbeit) tornow at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
Fri May 25 06:01:22 EDT 2001

Hi everybody,

I am using the vtk to Import and manipulate VRML files.
Right now I am encountering some strange behaviour.
I wrote some lines under Windows/VSC++ and it worked just
fine.

After porting the code to Java/Linux, most of the VRML files
were not displayed at all.

I checked the imported data with vtkPolyData.GetPoint();
and found out that all Points are rounded to integer-like values
(e.g. 5.375 to 5.000). Since most of my data is using
coordinates smaller than 0.01 all numbers degenerate to 0.0
and are not displayed at all.

I guess there is some problem with type conversion within
the Java wrapping, or did I miss some resolution setup for
the vtkMapper? Anyone else encountered the problem?

For your information: I am using vtk3.2 and jdk1.3.

Thanx for your attention,
Ruediger Tornow